Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Moment In Time..

I know.

I know i'm not supposed to be facing this screen and updating my blog right now. But somehow, i'm feeling pretty sad. It's funny because lately i've been feeling nothing but tensed and angry. I'm pretty sure it's the same old thing again (mood-swing, it attacks frequently, every month.. *winks*)


make your wish and let it flow.


Since it's the 14th of the month (chinese calender), there were people setting up stalls selling mooncakes, pastries, flowers (chrysanthemum, roses, daisies and etc) , fruits, drinks.. it's like a pasar malam but without all the pirated stuffs obviously. =D Then i saw it. The white pastries with really nice deco which it's suppose to represent a moon. It's made out of gluttonous, i am pretty sure all chinese have eaten it before if you haven't, my, you better get it tomorrow before you have to wait for another year! =3

My parents were laughing at me because well, adults don't really eat it, i mean it's sweet and kids love it. Thinking about it, i realized this year's mooncake festival has been pretty quiet. or simply because, i've outgrown it knowing that there will always be another mooncake festival next year but i never thought what could happen in the future, i mean things take a twist, when you least expected it.



my love.

back to my story, after buying those pastries, we were walking pass a flower stall then mumsy decided to but some chrysanthemums for tomorrow, just for the fun of it. and i saw it. roses. my favourite. =) i found out the price is one for rm1. it was hard to decide. there were pink, red, yellow.. ekk! i love red. so i picked a red one. then my mum, feeling generous, ask me to pick another one. Sandra was kinda eyeing for the pink and so we picked a pink one. and then, the kind lady seller gave us a stalk of mini daisies for FREE. =D

After that, we dropped my sister and jin rui off at sejati hill villa to celebrate lantern festival. My parents and i decided to drop by the grocery shop just to get some stuff. it has been awhile since i do grocery with my parents.

Us. So last year, don't you agree?


And then i saw him. A kid. walking in with his mum. His eyes glazed over the lanterns hanging over our heads. *giggles* his look? WOW! reason? because there were so many types of lanterns for him to choose! there are sailormoon, dragon, dinosaur, butterfly, mashimaro, superman.. and a few more. If i were that kid, i'd be like.. WOW too.

Then it got me thinking, "hey, i was like that too.. ONCE.." then i overheard the mother and son's conversation.. she was saying there isn't an ironman lantern, maybe he should choose another one and for some reason, the kid DID NOT throw a tantrum. He went like.. okay.. and he look like he had a tough time choosing the lantern.

lanterns. absolutely gorgeous. =)


And then i just sorta went back into the past.. I realized i won't be touching the lantern anytime soon.. and also i realized, my parents will NOT buy me any lantern anymore..Back when i was a kid, i love lantern festival.. i look forward it each year.. Candles, fire and those beautifully crafted arts never cease to amaze me.. and each year when the time comes, i'd so begged my parents to buy me candles and lantern..

and then i remember, when i was maybe around 4 years old, i was still living in KL back then.. my family were actually living in a flat but mind you, it's a pretty huge flat.. =) my parents, didn't want to bring me out with the lantern, decided to lit a lantern for me in the house just so i could play with it.. and so i did.. =) i walked around the house with it.. *kids can entertain themselves well and so did i*

my dream lantern is one shaped as sailormoon BUT i never got it.


Then i walked into my parents room.. and the lantern (those colourful paper lantern which hangs on a stick) fell on my mattress.. as a kid, i panicked like shit.. i ran to my parents.. they were watching tv, and i was like the lantern.. the lantern.. my parents being real attentive, decided to ignore me thinking i'm just asking for attention until i screamed.. "FIRE!!!!" in cantonese (duh!) i went like.. "FO CHOKKK!!!"

and swosh! full attention on me. i tell them what happened. i can't remember much after that. i think the light went out the lantern fell or it really did burned a part of my mattress which my dad managed to put out.. i can't remember..

So yeah, while i was in the shop, i was hit by a wave of nostalgia where i remember how i used to have my dad buy lanterns for me.. and now, being a typical teenager, i ask for non of these but money to get things myself.. the best thing is, when i have the car, i'll drive myself out to get the stuffs i needed.. no more.. "dad, can you bring me here/there/here/there"..

now i wish i could become a kid again, where i get to rely fully on my parents but that just won't happen anymore.. =(



the moon is almost completely round tonight.


Anyway, just wanna wish you guys Happy Mooncake Festival. =) and of course vent a bit of my sadness here. about me growing up and not being able to play lantern as a kid anymore but as an aunt or a mum in future.. *sigh* and my parents? *giggles* they'll be grandma and grandpa, i think they'll be more attentive to the future generations. and no, my sis is not pregnant and hell no am i. xD i'm just talking about future here you know.. xD


ps: i want to play lantern but no time and no mates to join me. =(

9 comments:

darren said...

hahaha...too bad my neighbour not having a lantern party like last time...if got and i sure u be the 1st to be here...hahaha...
And who say we old ppl can't play lantern?!!?we never too old to play anything anyway,no matter what we become we will still able to play like a kid u know...
Why never call me?!!?or ur bf at least to teman u lanterning...hahaha...

Shennie said...

it's too old, i cant imagine holding the sailormoon lantern and running abt with it.. LOL..

hmm? nah, i m having my exams.. havent seen ben for like a week and will continue not seeing him till tis friday.. how sad.. =(


but 2moro might be able to go pasar malam though.. gosh i miss my applegrape bubble milk tea! xD and of course, i have other intentions there too.. teehee..~

§oŁЇtǺ®ÿ ®o§ě said...

On friday...I bugged my mother to buy me a dragon lantern lor. My mum dowan buy for me. =( sho sad.....=( I stared at it..the bug her summore...she still didnt want to buy me the lantern. *sighs*

Shennie said...

HARH?

u did?! XD why didnt u get it urself? it's less than 5 bucks, i m pretty sure of it.. =/

Melody said...

"foo choook" that was funny! lol!
i guess as people grow up,we just sorta stay away 4om all those stuffs,but i do miss those kids time at times :) anyways,stop MIA-ing kay! ur exam ended kay woman!

Shennie said...

hehhh.. it wasn't that funny when i was at the moment.. =D

yeah.. we're so passes lantern age rite? =(


hmm? i still have abt 3 more days and then i m free for the time being.. xD

§oŁЇtǺ®ÿ ®o§ě said...

its different buying it yourself and getting your mum buy for you just like old times. You know..somethings...are just hard to get and we never realised how priceless those moments are until...well until you realised its over and it wont happen again.

Kevin Liang said...

hey there.. chee hou here..
still remember me? i guess yes? =(
have not been seeing u for quite a long time huh ever since graduation in secondary skul.. xD
when i read ur blog, portion of my memories came up to my mind.. mooncake festival.. lanterns.. candles.. mooncakes.. =P all stuff i used to play and enjoy during da festival.. xD
i miss them.. i am unable to even touch these stuff now.. except mooncake la.. damn tasty.. shouldn't miss it since it's only available once a year.. haha..
anyway, i enjoy reading ur blog..
see ya! =)

Shennie said...

kevinginta: hey, of course i remember u, u're the one sitting next to jen feng (if i got his name right) =)

well, i don't think the lanterns and stuffs are totally untouchable, it's more like.. we're pass the age of touching them.. =)

and yeah, the mooncake is really tasty but these days they hav really weird flavors.. hahaha..

and thanks for visiting my blog.. =)