Saturday, February 16, 2008

For One More Day..

Ever wish you could go back to the past and smack yourself for all the silly things you had done or said? I had.

Ever wish you could be a kid once more, so you could play hide and seek without worrying that your butt is sticking out so obviously? I had.

Have you ever wish you can have a holiday, a real holiday with your family again? I had.

Have you ever wish that you can hug your parents without them asking "What's wrong?" ? I had.

Ever wish they would both hold your hand while you walk in shopping malls? Or you could throw a tantrum because you can't have you ice cream? I had.

I just turned 18 about 2 months back. And now it suddenly hit me that my age counter is going up and never going back down. It smacked me hard that, I'm growing up and that they are treating me as adult. I'm left with dealing with my own stuff. and it hit me harder that i'm no longer gonna be a teen anymore but an adult..?

Now, if i want an ice cream, i can just simply take the toyota out just to get it. or slurpee. or my stationaries. or go to pasar malam.

being strapped on.

I realize life is like on being in a car on the passenger seat. As a kid, you're strapped on on the kid's safety seat. Then as you grow older, they take away that seat and you need to have your safety belt. Later the safety belt starts to loosen and as years goes on, you don't need it anymore, the result of being rebellious, and having a little to much faith in the driver's driving. before you know it, you're the driver itself, making your own decision on where you want to go, not truly needing the driver anymore.

I really don't have any idea what am i talking about really. But as i sit here at 11.38pm on a Saturday, i realize my life changed a whole lot. Saturday nights used to be nights where my family go out for dinner and then shopping at midvalley, klcc or leisure mall. Now? My mum went out with her pals. Dad went mamaking with his new found friends, Jac's married and she's in her own place, Sandra sleeping on account on being sick and me? I'm here lamenting all this on my own blog.



When did it all stop being the way it used to be? Did we fall apart or is it just the way it is? I don't know really. I'd like to think our relationship is still good and we're still a tight knitted family. Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with my family. I'm just not tired nor sleepy though my muscles are aching almost every part of my body.

WHY? because i went for my school's road run yesterday.

Yeash, stephanie lee actually joined the cross country programme after 4 years of absence. And guess what? i completed the whole (almost) 6km track in 50 minutes time and i was in top 60. and i suffer the consequences today. butt ache. thighs ache. stomach cramps. i was beat but i'm still kicking and running.

Anyway, it's just a random post. i'm seriously bored. think i'll get to bed. hopefully my parents would be home soon, or it'd be me calling and sounding them instead of them on me when the clock strikes 12am. Hey, i believe in the term which goes "what goes around comes around~" which is why justin timberlake's *what goes around comes around* is still one of my fave song, it sounds totally sweet and pleasing to the soul. *evil smiles*


4 comments:

darren said...

hahah...aiya,relax...life is like that..sometime we can't always have the same routine forever..there will always be changes in life and we soon will have to deal with it..and that what make us wise and understanding in life...and wow..u manage to finish the run?!!?amazing..wakakak..kidding,i know u can do it(i think)..hahaha..anyway,don worry about the ache thing,it happent to me also...just give it 2 or 3 day the most,and it will go away ady..hahaha,u should sound them ma,at least u can have ur revenge...wakakak...

Melody said...

Machhhhaaaaaaaa I comment n typed so long,n den der r some errors,damnit!
Anyways I said ummm..hmmm...oh i feel u,in a way dt dey wud b out n im left at home pulak,sooo u knw wht?Hahah *evil* i start makin plans n always go out ;p so if ya wanna hang out,gimme a call yeah ;) hahaha! Ooooooo u can sound dem 4 bein too late n still out?haha i wish i can do dt!since my parents always end up reachin home later den i do,padahal mine's ady late..parents ah i tell u..lol!

Anyways,hope ur muscle ache wud b okay yeah :) See you!

Shennie said...

ahahah~ like i've said, it's juz a spur moment kinda thingy ya know.. xD and nowadays ahhh, kristine macam sudah hilang.. xD

and yeash, the pain has lessen ade.. =D

§oŁЇtǺ®ÿ ®o§ě said...

ehh ehh....where got?? ahh but true...I told u ade ma...soon i will have no life...actually i am in the between of having no life ade laa....haih...sad can?? =(


eh...i lupa I wanna say what ade...hahahaha....


ermm...OHHH...driving around is ok...but there are parts of the driving where you really dunno wheather to take the risk or make the decision on which road to use....each road u use has it consequences.. faster but more expensive, further but got jam....ahhh...terrible decision kan?? then later u just decide to take public transport...then...which part of life like public transport ar?? ekk! ohh..maybe when u got bf he drives u around is public transport kua....but more like pvt hor?? BEN!!! can fetch me around oso can?? xD


p.s - MEL! now u noe wat i m trying to say...everytime i mau post...error come out...this is my 2nd time already...lucky i copy paste wat i said liao...sheessh! summore this type cannot refresh one...bleeh!