Sunday, June 21, 2009

As Fate Would Have It.

Here's the thing, I didn't get accepted into any local uni. period.

I can't believe it. i mean, it's really hard to believe that there isn't a place in any of the local unis for me, not even a place in mass communication though if i were to get it, i wouldn't go for it. I mean like wtf? i didn't get the consolation prize, at all. *rolls eyes*

And, i was f-king disappointed. I lived the last 6 months, dreaming of the day where i finally get into UM doing my law degree. No i won't settle for the 2nd best, or at least i don't want to. It was a shock really. Most of the people didn't quite expected it especially my family members. They refused to believe me until my voice cracked from holding back tears, then they finally understood. Telling my dad was the hardest, i totally teared in front of him.

I never resented those ppl. but now i sort of do. no wonder everyone wants to leave the country. the country has nothing much to offer them. nope.

i've spend almost 2 years to get into uni. one and half preparing for it. and the other half waiting for it. but owh well. basically, friday was prolly one of the worst day of my life.

and i don't want to appeal. what's the point? it's like BEGGING to get in. And i don't want to. I am desperate but i'm NOT that desperate. and UM doesn't allow ppl to appeal for its law course. wtf. so i appealed for UKM and UiTM, my dad went as far as asking for help from ppl. (-_-") i asked them to leave MCA outta it. I don't want to appear in the newspaper for this ninny stuff. i am willing to bet, i am not the only one with this stupid problem. and i will not be the first to do that this year.

i know my abilities. afterall, a true gold will never be afraid of fire (some chinese saying). that's what my dad told me a long time ago. and i say bring on the LLB and CLP!

on the brighter side, maybe fate has decided a different path for me. =) So now, while waiting for the appeal results, i'm scouting pvt universities for law course. =) and also, my parents are having my back. =) that's great to know. and of course, bennie and my sisters too. =3

this is just another chapter of my life. and it has proven, life is not easy. i'm okay now. it took one day, friday for me to sort out all my feelings. right now, i m not that worried. financial may be a problem but, let's just follow the river flow right now and see what the future has in store for me. =)

just thought you guys should know what's happening.

and no, i didn't get the f-ing premiere tickets. haha. X)

10 comments:

Xodus said...

its not tat the country has nth to offer..its cause they jus reserve for their "OWN" kinds in the country as it is...or in another word...prioritize them 1st b4 others...i guess tat only applies to some subject though

cause i hear it from an uncle of mine who used to be a Dean in one universiti overseas...

but good for u la...like i say, sure have ways one...tat day i dunno how to cheer u up a bit..think wana bring u do a proank on my fren wan...opps wait..i did tat with my frens....ahhaha

cheer up la...this country sucks, mentality and systems are all wrong

Shennie said...

well, as you've said it xodus, they put their OWN kind first therefore there aren't anything left for the rest of us, isn't it?

it doesn't apply to some subject, it applied to ALMOST EVERYTHING.

Well, don't worry. I am alright now. =) and there are ways, i believe. =) like i've said, lets just follow the river flow and see what happens next. X)

didn't you know i'm 70% optimistic? hahaha.

darren said...

then what happen to 30% le?hahaha...

anyway,hope u ok and just know that u got a lot of frens support u...hehe..

Shennie said...

30% pessimist lor. hahaha.

yeah, i m okay! =) don't worry! =)

teehee. i've got you guys and thats enough. XD

-cmy- said...

*feels supportive no matter what you do* =)

Xodus said...

no i din know seriously..

Shennie said...

cmy: thanks! you're so sweet, as always. =) *huggies*

xodus: bleh. proves that you still dont know me well. LOL.

Melody said...

Hey steph, I'm glad that u sorted out your feelings and such, felt happier that there are "=)" in your post too.

And you know what? I had a heated debates over this issue in class the other day, who knew one of my close friend became one of it.

But you know what? Like you said, there's another path for u :)

Good luck kay and take care!! :)

If you'd come to help and check out law degree, call me kay! Heheh haven't seen u since Zouk :)

Shennie said...

Hey mel,

thanks! =) well, it's pretty easy to sort out the anger and disappointment. however, confusion isn't that easy as right now i have a lot of things to consider. X)

You guys had a debate over it? I think it would have been really interesting! X) fight for the rights of chinese and indians! haha.

yeash, i believe there's another path for me or so. =) thanks again mel.

i've checked out HELP for law degree, however they only have UK transfer program though ur coll has a really good feedback from a lecturer. =)

i haven't seen u since zouk. let's hang out after kristine's quarantine period's over! =)

Anonymous said...

UTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUT