Friday, January 16, 2009

And All That's Left Are Just Memories.


bronze reminds me of antiques.


Well, I'm feeling sad. It's not a bad thing really. i mean, people do have to feel down once in awhile right? i can't believe time actually passed so fast, and that a week, my final week, has gone in a blink of an eye. *sigh* all these while, i've been lazying around. wasting my time online shopping and playing pet society to keep my mind off. okay, not really since i've been curtain shopping and running errands a lot but still, i can't believe my time here is up.


did i mention to you guys that i'm leaving?


yeah, i am leaving this place. maybe to a better place. i don't know. i mean, i sure hope there aren't any karaoke maniacs there singing god-knows-how-old hokkien and mandarin songs.


Today, i walk around the house, reminiscing the memories. it's funny how i'm about to leave this place after tomorrow. I think i'm supposed to feel all hyped up but then, no. i actually feel a bit down about leaving. Parents haven't decided to keep or sell the house yet. I just know Sandra and i will definitely buy this house from them when we get older.


mischievious duo.


Funny eh? Not so after you practically grew up in this place and all of a sudden, you're leaving. I shifted here back when it was 1995. I was 6. You can imagine how excited i was back then. i didn't have to worry about a single thing. heck, i didn't even have to pack my own clothes. things just come. and all of a sudden, at the age of 6, i own a wardrobe. a pretty big one too. a hand me down from my elder sis. haha. at 6, i was okay with a lot of things. =D


looking back, this is the place where a lot of events in my life take place. i learn a lot of stuff here. dad taughtt me things. granny taught me things. mum taught me things (by sheer force at times), elder sis taught me things, heck, even my younger sis taught me things. LOL!


I really am gonna missed this house.


Sandra and i were really the mischievious duo at home. we actually gave quite a lot of problem to my grandma i think. hahaha. we may be laughing at one moment and the next we'll be screaming and engaged in a catfight. of course, i'll win and sandra learnt the art of blackmailing!

she always go like "i tell mum you whack me!"


for a few years, i was tormented by it. i mean, sandra's obviously the apple of my mum's eye. if mum were to know i hit sandra. *shudders* i'll get caned, badly. so whenever she threatens me, i'll keep quiet and let her be.

then one day, she blackmailed me again. i couldn't take that kinda emotional torture anymore and i went like "tell lah!"


coz i love them. =D


but she didn't. =D one thing i love about sandra is, she's able to keep her mouth shut about my secrets no matter what. =D even if i smack, scold or do whatever to irritate the shit out of her, she will not revenge herself by telling me out. *sayangs sandra*


besides that, we've got a pretty big porch. dad bought us each a four wheeled bicycle. it was easy peasy. =D owh, and have i tell you that, i was actually a really friendly kid back then? i go around making friends with my neighbours! hahaha! i actually ask my grandma to teach me B.M just to get to know a couple of malay kids down the road! xD so yeah, i made friends with Michelle, Adrienne oh (yeap, the pretty girl from school), some dude back then whom i think i had a crush on, Su-Li, Gloria and Steven, Joey, Melvin, and.. and.. Jin Rui! hahaha!


and i remember last time, i used to cycle around a lot. and i wasn't afraid of talking to strangers. i don't think my parents ever warned me about that. or maybe they did but i really didn't listen. and while cycling about, i can actually make friends with other kids which were cycling about. it's dangerous! because..(= =) boys older than me talk to me and i usually responded. (-_-") i was lucky i wasn't kidnapped!


okay, besides that, this place is also where sandra and i accidentally hurt our granny during one of our catfights. i was pushing sandra. back then, i was taller and gangler than her. granny tried to stop us. i can't remember who, but one of us accidentally pushed her. she fell on her back and hit her head on the door. man. we immediately stop our fight and panicked. elder sis was there and she scolded the hell outta us. (-_-")



one big happy family~ =D


owh, did i mention, as kids, we used to hate our elder sis lots? coz to us she was stuck up. hahaha! basically it's cause she was a teenager and we were annoying brats running around screaming our asses off? hahaha. and she hated us for making so much noise. once she even scolded us. sandra and i planned revenge. lol. the plan was?


wake up at 3am and start pounding on jac's door silly before running back to our room. hahaha! sandra was already a good artist back then and actually drew stick figures of us. on jac's character it was written "takut sampai mati." i love that blue print but it went missing. hahaha! and well, we didn't carry out the plan because i was the one who talk sandra out of it. well, we planned that in the afternoon? so by evening, i totally forgot abt it. then at exactly 3am, sandra woke me up saying she WANTS to carry out the plan. i was like, babe, it's 3, and i wanna sleep and i continue sleeping.


then we learn how to cycle on two wheeled. and we actually learn how to rollerblade. thanks to gayanisha and ayusha for their generousity of lending us their rollerblades that we learnt how to skate. =D

after moving here, dad started spending more time with us, bringing us to the club house and he taught us how to swim! he was aso the one who encouraged me to ride my elder sis's bike though my legs were barely touching the ground.





dad taught me how to colour. dad taught me how to read. hahaha. yeah, he bought me peter and jane series. and taught me word by word. that's how i got hooked on reading. and now, our house actually has a clutter of books everywhere. living room, guest room, family hall, bedrooms, even toilets. LOL.


dad also bought us our first turtles 9the cheap rm5 ones?) . which in the end, he's the one having to clean and scrubbed them silly. he bought us fishes too. gold fish, guppies, baby kois, angel fish, siamese fighting fish and a few others. that' s when i really like guppies because they are colourful. i even witness guppy giving birth. (yes, guppies give birth, they don't lay eggs like normal fish). we even had terrapins. =D dad also bought us chicks!


my first chick was an orange baby chicken while sandra was a purple one. what happened to them? they ran away one afternoon after we played with them and forgot to put them back into cage. god knows what has befallen on them. then came another 2 brown chicks. one got taken away by a neighbour's dog which we know what fate has befallen on it, and another, my dad traded it to the chicken seller in the market. that night, i refused to eat the chicken.



cute? cinnamon roll. i bought it for sandra. LOL.


then came out first dog, real name snoopy, nicknamed brownie. hahaha. brownie was damn adorable when she was a pup. we loved her to bits. i remember her running towards us when we came home from school. but then, it was mere puppy love, once she got older, sandra and i tend not to pay her much attention, making her rebellious against us and lack love. *sigh* i regretted it. i mean, she was a gentle dog. very feminine but she left the world about 2 years back. and that's when i realize i actually loved her. she died of cancer.


then my dad bought another pup. we named it mocha. mocha was adorable too! but mocha was.. (-_-") not so feminine. she's very active. very hyped. very.. (-_-") dirty as well! she likes rolling in the mud. (-_-") but mocha, though lack love, was a really obedient dog. =) and a pretty good watch dog too! =) then dad took her for mating and she gave birth to 9 pups. really cute ones. because back then i was a science student, i helped her with her giving birth process. LOL. and you know what? she stole my limelight that year. why? cause she gave birth on 2/12/2005. my sweet 16 birthday. but it doesn't matter because the pups made it up. =D


but sadly, mocha passed away during her 2nd year of pregnancy in 2007. she was heavily pregnant and we didn't know she wasn't feeling well. we went out for dinner and came home to find her dead in the bushes. that hit me hard.


then my dad got a new pup a few months later. name is milo. *shudders* i'm sorry to say, he's an owner's nightmare! X3 and we gave him away after not being able to cope with his antics.


my bed! =D just the frame. teehee.


then this is also where i got my first hamsters! hammie and snowy. hammie ran away. snowie and her offsprings were eaten by cat after the fateful death of mocha. *sigh* but hammie jr (2nd generation) and miney (2 generation) survived. both died last year in december due to old age. now i own ONE roborovski.


and this is also the house where my elder sis got married. =) happy ending in year 2007. =) sandra and her were both crying a lot on the actual day where she got married. i was miffed because everyone was relying on me. (-_-")


actually, there're lots more worthy memories, but then, i think, i'd love to keep those in my heart. =)


and yeah, i'm shifting on sunday.


in the same place but diff section and definitely a bigger house. i believe, we can build new memories there. =) but first, all the cleaning and furniture buying have to be done. epp!

7 comments:

darren said...

well,that a nice bed for sure...hahaha...

happy pindah-ing ya...do call us if need any help...

if u need help u shut ur mom,i also can provide u the services...ghahaha...

Shennie said...

mwahahah! thanks! i got it from ikea. =D support over priced recycled wood! LOL!


ohhhh, i m actually quite dreading to move, u know, the cleaning and packing part? but thank god the ol n new house is actually quite close so it's okay to slowly move our stuff there. =)


LOL. no problem. i might pop by all the time to use ur internet. LOL. u're gonna get sick of me. hahaha!

Melody said...

I like ur second last line :) 'we can build new memories' i hope u can build much more beatiful memories there :) i'll see ya soon!

§oŁЇtǺ®ÿ ®o§ě said...

u buy that bed post..u r going to regret it..trust me...cause...U'll be kicking and stubbing ur toe so much...u'll curse...hahahahaha!! today i was just thinking abt my house..since 6 man! then then...i was like...well sucks to be steph...yet kinda cool...I want to move into a new house too!

Bitter sweet sia! .xD

§oŁЇtǺ®ÿ ®o§ě said...

eh...happy moving into ur new house..cant wait to see ur new room! :D i know u so long....i think i've only seen ur room once...wtf...

makes sure u walk properly..I dont like a limping missing a toe steph...wtf..i m mean today...=.="

flora said...

wth wei kris..ppl get new bed n all u can think is hittin it?? sheeshh seriously..its a nice bed ok..

neways happy moving in steph..im sure u'll build more memories there..bigger space for u to run or cycle or chase ur sis round d hse..teehee..

new house,new memories,new luck? hehe..happy chinese new year if i dun c u or wish u in time..

juan said...

All hail Stefie's room!